Job SummaryThe Buyer is a professional who is our expert in material management and price negotiations. The main duty of a Buyer is to purchase goods and parts/products for the company. The aim is to buy quality products at the best possible price.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Determine best source for acquiring parts.
- Communicate with parts suppliers to carry out purchase.
- Has to keep a detailed record of the inventory of parts stored with the company.
- Checks availability of parts in inventory.
- Deals in the procedures of faulty parts replacement from suppliers.
- Meets with sales and marketing to review product forecast.
- Performs market research to find quality suppliers.
- Participates in the development of written policies and procedures pertaining to procurement and cost control.
- Uses company inventory system (Macola) to record the parts ordered and received.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree in a related field with 3 – 5 years experience in a Manufacturing firm.
- Should know how to analyze technical data in suppliers’ proposals.
- Must be good communicator and negotiator.
- Have solid mathematical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Understand supply chain management.
- Be able to carryout financial analyses.
- Willingness to be a team member.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /yearPlease send your inquiries to: email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V/SO.